Steps to follow:
- Soak the urad dal overnight or for at least 4-5 hours. Drain them.
- Grind the urad dal with little water to a smooth fluffy batter.
- Take the ground batter in a bowl.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Either drop the batter with your hands or with a spoon in medium hot oil. Fry the vada in batches till crisp and golden.
- Drain the vada on paper towels
- When they are still warm, add the vada in water (at room temperature) and let them soak for 18-20 minutes.
- Press each soaked vada between your palms to remove water. Gently press or else you might end up breaking them.
- Prepare vada and let it cool for sometime
- Soak the vada in water for 5 minutes
- Then place the vada in a bowl and pour Dahi with salt and sugar
- Add Khatta Meetha Chutney
- Add some ground carrot and chopped onions
- Add the tempering and serve