Paneer butter masala is an Indian food of marinated cottage cheese served in a spiced gravy. It is a vegeterian alternative to chicken tikka masala.
Paneer butter masala is one of the favorite restaurant dishes in India.
To bring restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala at home, Try this recipe
- Paneer(100g) – 296 kcal
- Big size Onion – 2
- Medium size Tomatoes – 2 Nos (22 cal)
- Red Chillies
- Cashew Nuts – 5 Nos (100 cal)
- 1/2 tbsp crushed Kasthuri Methi
Steps to follow:
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add these ingredients to the pan when hot.
- Cook covered till the onion tomato mixture turns soft and mushy.
- Grind the mixture well to a thick paste and masala turns aromatic.
To make Masala
- Heat 1 tbsp butter to the same hot pan
- Pour the blended onion tomato puree and mix well
- Add salt, sugar (1 tbsp) and chilli powder to taste.
- Cover and cook until the gravy thickens and traces of butter or oil is seen on top.
- Lower the flame completely, add 100g of paneer and 1/2 tbsp crushed kasthuri methi
- Mix and cook covered on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add some butter above and serve it fresh.